What to Bring to your Visit
We are here to assist patients and families to ensure that your experience with Huntington Ambulatory Surgery Center is a positive one. In order for us to provide the best care for you, it is very important that you bring the following items to your visit:
- Photo ID
- A list of your current medications
- Insurance information and card
- New patients: please click the patient registration link to the right
Do You Have a Concern?
Please let us know if you have any concerns, complaints and questions about:
- Patient's Rights & Responsibilities
- Assistance with advanced directive
- Requests for special assistance
- Anything else we can do to make your stay with us as pleasant as possible.
We want to be patient advocates, responding to any concerns or problems that might arise. We can provide translators, when requested.
While in the surgery center, all complaints or concerns should first be discussed with your nurses or physicians. If you are still not completely satisfied with the quality of care you are receiving, please contact our Administrator at: (626) 229-8990. Your discussions with us will be kept confidential.
Please tell us about your experience while at Huntington Ambulatory Surgery Center. You may submit your comments and feedback by phone, mail, email or online.
When communicating with us by phone, please remember to include the following information:
The patient's name
Date of service
Patient's medical record number or date of birth
A phone number or email where you can be reached